Friday, April 5, 2013

Sunflower in Flames

"Sunflower in Flames"
8X10
I did this 8X10 painting yesterday.  I had the background ready the day before and drew and painted the sunflower in just a few hours.  I love the way it turned out...so much so that I think I will do a larger version of it.  As I painted the petals and before the center was in all I could see were flames.  In fact, when my husband saw the completed painting he said "ring of fire".  I thought of using that for a title but because the word flames had been in my head I decided on "Sunflower in Flames".

 Last night while I was off playing Mexican Train dominos with some lady friends I left my husband a honey-do project.  I had around 16 odd sized frames that need canvas so while I was gone he cut canvas to fit them.  I am often asked what I paint on.  The answer is canvas board.  I get them online from Dick Blick.  I take advantage of the discount on buying 36 or more and order the 24X30 size.  I then cut them to fit the frames....or should say have Roger cut them.  Now that I have canvas and frames ready I have to come up with some ideas on what to paint.  I think I may do a painting of San Xavier Mission next.  That will take longer than a few hours!

No comments: