Monday, April 29, 2013

Several new projects.


I have been working on bowls.  This one is very interesting. I think it was hand made. The bottom of the bowl consists of a circle of thick dowel rods.  This was pretty beat up when I bought it at a thrift store.  I just couldn't pass it up.  It is 10" in diameter and 3" high.

This one is 10" in diameter and almost 5"high. It was perfect for a desert scene.  I take photos of craft items before I put the finishing coats of polycrylic on them because I don't get a flash refection on them as I do if they have a shiny finish.  When I looked at a close up of the photo I noticed I had not erased my chalk lines in the center circle design. You may notice it when you look enlarge the photo.  That will be gone when I apply the polycrylic.  I hope to show these bowls at the new SAAG gallery this summer.  I also will be showing the paintings below.  These are new versions of paintings that I have sold in the past. 

 
 
Mata Ortize Saguaro and Surreal Saguaro are both 6X12 and Endless Rose is 11X13.

No comments: