Friday, January 13, 2012

Large painting completed

"Red Torch"
20X26
Here is my second painting of 2012.  It is a large version of a red torch cactus.  I have done smaller paintings of this cactus with different color backgrounds.  Every time I paint one it seems to sell fast so I decided to try one in a larger size.  I am thinking of future exhibitions where I will need large paintings.  I like the red background on this one.  It reminds me of fire which goes along with the torch theme. Below is a photo of one of the smaller paintings I did in the past.

This one was 11X14 and was the first painting I sold at the Western National Park exhibit I did a couple of years ago.  Since then I have painted at least 3 more versions and they have all sold.  I don't have any photos of them to show you.  I get so busy that sometimes I don't have time to take a picture of all my paintings. 
For those of you who are new to my blog, the reason I do many versions of the same painting is that I don't do prints.  All my paintings are original.  While the subject matter might be the same, each painting will differ in color and arrangement.  Someday in the future I may consider having prints made of my most popular paintings but for now I will stick to doing original work only.  After having said that I will mention that I do make copies of paintings on greeting cards which I sometimes sell at art festivals.

No comments: