Saturday, October 29, 2011

Yard Sale Treasures

I am asked how I can sell my art at such affordable prices.  This photo is the answer to that question.  This is what I got at yard sales today.  I spent slightly over $20 for all this stuff.  You know how expensive frames are when you by them at craft stores and frame shops and if you have them do the framing it will cost BIG bucks.  I do all my own framing and if necessary refinish the frames.  Many are good as is.  I think all of what I bought today are in wonderful condition. I have mentioned before that all my paintings are created to compliment the frame.  The prices of my painting include the frame and since I do not have much invested in the frame I pass the savings on to the person who buys the art.  I do the same with my functional items.   The bowl and trays I bought today are a little rough but with a bit of sanding and my creativity they will make a great piece of art!  Check out my older posts to see what I have done in the past with my yard sale finds.

No comments: