Sunday, October 2, 2011

2011 Sun City Art Festival

I had a very successful day yesterday. 17 paintings, 15 domino holders and 2 trays were sold.  This was the first time I used my new Gridwall display racks.  They were easy to put up and took less room and  held more paintings than the easels I used to use.  I think I will buy a couple more for the next show in a few weeks.  It was a good day but I have to admit that I was really tired and had very sore feet by the time it was over.  Next time I will take a second pair of shoes and trade off.  I think that may help.
 I have to thank my husband Roger for being the cashier and doing the book work.  I always did that part myself and it was such a help having him doing the job.  It freed me up to network with people.  I talked to old friends and former customers and met many new people.  I had 16 people sign my email art notification list.  I send out emails to let my art followers know when I am having a show or exhibition.  My list numbers around 130 people.
  It is less than 3 weeks to the next festival so I must get busy to replace what I sold.  I sold every domino holder that I took but still have a dozen that are unpainted that I will do for the next show.  I also have to paint more small desert scenes.  They were very popular and I only have one 8X10 left.  If I have time I will do another large desert scene as that one sold too.  October is a very busy month!

No comments: