Tuesday, May 25, 2010

May 25, 2010 Fantasy Flowers.

Here are a few paintings that are part of my "Fantasy Flowers" collection. I combine my enjoyment of painting intricate designs with my love of flowers. The title of this one is "Antique Opulence". It is sold. From here on out I will post the price of a painting if it is not sold.




This is " Burnished Bronze". As you can see I match the subject matter to the frame rather than doing it the other way around. I always start a painting buy putting a blank canvas in a frame and look at it until "see" something in that blank canvas. I then create what I see. Sometimes I stare for a long time and other times something pops into my mind immediately. I also wake up in the middle of the night with an idea for a painting then must look for a frame to fit the idea but I always choose the frame before I start the painting. Price on this one is $135.



This is "Royal Arrangement". It is one of my personal favorites. I sold it last summer.

No comments: