Saturday, May 22, 2010

May 22, 2010

I completed this painting a few days ago. I love using vibrant colors and enjoy painting ruffles and folds so what better subject matter than a Mexican sarape? In fact that is what the title is, "Sarape". The size is 18x22 unframed. It is interesting how I got the frame. It came from a garage sale like most of the frames I use but I am not the one who bought it. Last summer my daughter-in-law, Leslie from Dallas, GA found 6 frames like this at a garage sale and bought them for me. She planned to keep them until we made a driving trip to visit but since we won't be doing that until this September we finally decided she should send them to me. They were a bargain even with having to pay postage. Thanks Leslie for buying them!

I will be starting a new painting just as soon as I get off the computer. I am not sure what I will be painting yet but think maybe a desert scene. Until I get the new one done I will post pictures of some of my paintings that are showing at the Tucson International Airport at an exhibition featuring saguaros.

No comments: