Friday, August 8, 2014

Large tray and another "Desert Dwellers"

  I didn't have much time for painting this week because I was busy with other things which got in the way of shop time but I did find time to complete two projects.  One is a large 16X22 inch tray with a southwest still life.


 The other project is a "Desert Dwellers" painting.  I had a long narrow frame (20X8) which was perfect for this painting.  I've lost count of how many versions I have done of this painting which features colorful creepy crawly critters.  There must be lots of people out there that like these guys because I have sold every painting of them that I have done.  Here is the latest one.
  I will search my files and see if I can find some of the other versions of this painting that have sold.  I'll post them below.
In a quick search I found 6 canvas paintings and a tray in various computer folders.  I think I will have to take the time to make a new folder just for all my critter paintings.  If you study each painting you can see the subject matter is similar yet they are all different.  I never get bored painting these guys.

No comments: