Tuesday, August 26, 2014

"Rose Trio"

I did this painting for my son Brian and his wife Sarah.  They recently moved to Falls Church, VA.  They decided on apartment living instead of buying a house.  They will probably be there three years before another transfer.  Their apartment has an electrical panel in the den/guestroom.  They asked me to do a painting  in a size that will cover the panel.  They wanted a chocolate brown background with creamy colored roses. This is what I came up with.  It is painted on a 20X24 art panel.
I did another large painting for them in the past that also was on an art panel.  I don't remember the exact size but know it was taller and narrower than the one above.  They still have it and are using it in their music room in the new apartment.  It is titled "Calla Lilies in black Vase".
My next project are two Mexican Domino Train  Stations with hummingbirds that go to friends in SC.  Then I have to get busy working towards the Sun City Art festival which is at the end of October.  Too much work and not enough time!  Not complaining though because I enjoy painting and am happy that people buy what I paint.

No comments: