Sunday, August 31, 2014

"Profiles in Red"

A month or so ago I did a square painting based on a zentangle type drawing I had done in the past.  It is now showing at Accounting Allies.  This type of painting is something different than what I usually do.  At the opening reception I had many people who are familiar with my work tell me how surprised they were with this painting as they  had never seen me do something like this before.  Most of my work is very "folk artsy".

 I recently got a call to artists for an exhibition that is featuring people and places.  I decided to try another version of this type of painting to fit the people category.  I haven't submitted my entry yet but will do so soon along with two other paintings that fit the places category.

Here is the painting. I titled "Profiles in Red" it is 16X16 and is in a gold frame.  I decided to do this version in a colorful palette.  The faces are easier to pick out than in the original version which is done in more subdued colors.
Here is a photo of the first one I did that is titled "Masquerade"  It is 24X24 and is on an art board with 2" sides. As you can see the faces are not so obvious.  You must study it for awhile before you see them.


No comments: