Thursday, August 21, 2014

"Psychedelic Desert"

I finished this 16X20 painting yesterday.  When I do a desert scene in an 8X10 or smaller size they are all titled "Classic Desert Scene".  When I do one in a larger size I give them each a different title.  I've used so many names like "Desert Oasis",  "Golden Desert", Desert Beauty, "Desert in Bloom".....you get the idea.  I've lost track of how many of these I have done and the titles I have used.  I'm always trying to think of a new name for a desert scene.  I came up with the "Psychedelic Desert" title after attending our local playhouse on Sunday where they did a tribute to the 1960's.  Everyone was in 60's attire and the set was straight out of the old "Laugh In" TV show.  Lots of bright psychedelic prints and colors.  When I finished this painting I had a "flashback" to all those bright and brilliant colors....thus "Psychedelic Desert".

 My next painting I am doing at the request of my son and his wife.  They were recently transferred to the DC area and have moved into an apartment.  Their den/spare room has an electrical panel on the wall that they want to cover with one of my paintings.  My husband is in the garage building an art box in the size needed while I am writing this and it should be done by the time I finish this post.  I will start work on it as soon as he has it ready.  As always, I'll post a photo when it is completed.

No comments: