Tuesday, July 4, 2023

My latest commissioned painting

 Happy 4th of July!  I can't believe it is 3 months since my last blog post.  In April and May I had cataract surgery and was unable to paint for a short time.  In May and June I was busy painting a commission for a good friend.  It was probably the most unusual items I have ever painted.  

When we were visiting in Tucson a longtime friend asked me to paint two wooden urns.  One for her husband's ashes and the other for her ashes when she passes away.  I agreed to do this.  She purchased two wooden urns and had them sent to me.  Each was to have a desert scene on one side, their favorite bird on another side, a Surreal Saguaro on the third side and the last side of one was to have a hummingbird and the other was to have a quail family.  There was a total of 8 paintings, so it took me a couple of months to complete.  Here are photos of the finished project.





It has been a long time since I painted southwest subject matter.  It brought back good memories of all the paintings I did and sold when I was in Tucson.  My friend is happy with what I did which makes me happy.  This was a very special project for me.

I have a number of new doodles that I did in the past few months that I will show in another post which I will do soon.

No comments: