Thursday, July 27, 2023

Doodles in Color

In the past, if I wanted a colored doodle, I would print off a copy of one of my black and white doodles and then color them with colored markers.  I never enjoyed the process although I liked the way they looked when finished. Recently I got an idea of how to do colored doodles in a way that I would enjoy.  What I did was put random colors on my sheet of paper and then do my doodle in my black sharpie on top of the color.  I love the results.  I used watercolor on the first three which gives a softer pastel look.  On the next three I used colored markers which give a more intense color.  






This new method is quick and easy and I love the results.  I have started a new sketchbook which will be all colored doodles.  

In my last post I mentioned that I probably would not be doing canvas paintings for a while but that has changed.  Our younger son and his wife will be retiring to Texas in a few months, and they would like some paintings with a Texan theme.  The first painting I will do will be an Endless Rose done in yellow for the Yellow Rose of Texas.  Then I will do a painting with critters from Texas.  I am also tossing around a few other ideas. I love doing southwest paintings so I will be having fun doing these new paintings.

On another note, we have started our last home improvement project.  It is the laundry room. There will be new paint and floors and new shelves.  It is a walk-in room approximately 7' X 5'.  We have decided to get a new washer and dryer.  I like the ones that came with the house but they are around 18 years old so it is time to retire them.  I'll post photos when we are done.

No comments: