Monday, August 9, 2021

Two Awards and New Paintings for Owl & Rabbit Gallery

I was honored to find out I won two awards at the Burlington Artist League Senior Art Competition.  I took second place with "Flaming Mane".


 I also got an honorable mention with "Patchwork & Pansies"


This now makes a total of 15 awards I have won in various art competitions since 2007.  I won 10 while living in Tucson, 1 in Michigan and now 4 here in North Carolina.

The Owl & Rabbit Gallery in downtown Burlington has been a good venue for showing my art.  I change out the paintings about every six weeks.  Here is the newest group of paintings that I painted for the gallery. I did two paintings each of different subject matter.  The first 2 are "Beautiful Butterflies" and "Flight of Fancy.



The next two are "Decorative Cross" and "Small Decorative Cross".



Here are "Turquoise & Topaz" and "Fun Flowers"


These two are "Basket of Beauty" and Sunflowers in Burgundy Vase"



I also decided to show a small 5X7 painting I did a few months ago called "Bird & Blossoms" but I forgot to take a photo of it.

When I took this group of paintings to the gallery I found out I sold "Fanciful Feathers" from the Southwest themed paintings I showed last month.  


I have a number of projects I am working on now.  As always, I'll do a blog post featuring them when I am done.

No comments: