Friday, January 31, 2020

3 paintings done in January 2020

The BAL gallery announced a contest featuring small art.  Entries were due on January 29 so I decided to do 3 paintings to exhibit in the contest.  I chose subject matter that I have done before but have not entered in any contest here in NC.  Here is what I did.  The first is "Kaleidoscope Garden". Size, not counting the frame, is 19 X 11 which meets the regulations of the contest.


The next is "Beautiful Bird & Blossoms" and is 14X11.


And finally...."Peek-A-Boo Kitty" which is 11X11


I have mentioned in past posts that for some reason the smaller paintings appear large and the larger paintings appear small.  I have no idea why this happens.  To get a better look at the paintings just click on the photo.

My grand-daughter Sam also entered two paintings but I don't have photos of them on my phone so will post them later after she sends them to me.

I started work on a new painting today and hope to have it done by Valentines Day.  I'll post a photo when it is done.

No comments: