Friday, April 26, 2019

5 Peacock Paintings

I started a new peacock painting awhile back but things got busy and I did not have any painting time in the past few weeks. 

One of the things that happened is that we had a visit from our friend Sally who was here for a week.  She and her husband Bob were very close friends when we lived in Ohio.  Bob passed away about 6 years ago.  Shortly after he died Sally moved to FL.  I spent a week with her in 2017 and last March Roger and I flew down for a week.  We told her that now that we were living in NC it was her turn to visit us.  We had a great week together. 

After she left I got back to painting and finished this latest painting in my Peacock Collection.  I call it "Fabulous Feathers.  Size is 16X20


Here are the other paintings in this collection.  All were painted in the past few months.  This one is Peacock Pride and it is 20X16


Next is a 14X11 painting called "Posh Peacock"


Here is "Peacock Panache"  Size 24X10


I have to include "Contemplation" in my Peacock Collection.  Size is 14X11


I am done with painting peacocks and will move on to other subject matter.  I started a new painting today.  This painting has special meaning.  It is in memory of Roger's cousin Mickey who passed away last year.  I will tell the story in my next blog post after I finish the painting.

I sold two paintings at the Owl and Rabbit Gallery last month, " Mighty Mustang" and "Run with the Wind."  I will do new versions of both soon.




All of these paintings are on stretch canvas except "Contemplation" which is in a frame.  When we made the move to NC I gave away all of my empty frames.  Now that the weather is warm and yard sales have started I am beginning to get a new collection of frames.  I still have a good number of stretch canvases so will use them up before I do many framed paintings. 

No comments: