Tuesday, January 3, 2017

3 Paintings that will be entered at the Carnegie Center for the Arts

After many hours of work I finished my latest version of "Surreal Saguaro" which I will be entering in the Regional Juried Arts Competition 2017 at the Carnegie Center for the Arts.  I will also enter two other paintings I did a few months ago.  This version of the saguaro painting is different from the others I have done because I added much more detail and fun items.  There are animals, musical instruments, flowers, and a few surprises like Waldo, Darth Vader, and the Leg Lamp.  I did many versions of this painting when I lived in Tucson and every one of them sold.  I am not sure if I will sell this one because I don't know if people in Michigan will be interested in hanging a southwest painting in their home.  I decided to do it anyway for the competition because I wanted something different and this one is different!  Size is 36X16X2 and it is painted on an artist box.
Here are the other two paintings I am entering in the competition.  Hopefully they will all be accepted.
"Mr. Hoots"

"Study in Patchwork #4
Shades of Grey"
I have mentioned before that for some reason some of my larger paintings appear smaller when I post the photo.  "Surreal Saguaro" is much larger then these other two in real life but appears smaller in the blog post.

I will be doing another post in a few days showing the step by step process of how I painted "Surreal Saguaro".

No comments: