Friday, December 4, 2015

Something for me!

My latest project something that I did for myself.  I needed a side table on my side of the couch so I went on a hunt around my house to see if I could find something that would serve the purpose.  Since we moved I keep moving odd pieces of furniture to different rooms to find just the right place for them.  After looking on the first two floors and finding nothing I went to the basement where I found the perfect thing.  It is a magazine rack - side table that I had been using in my shop as a table to hold my paint pallet and water jar.  It was in pretty rough shape after years of use. Here is the before photo.
The bottom wasn't too bad but the top was a mess.  I went to work on it and here is how it looked after I cleaned it up.
It took me awhile to decide what subject I wanted to paint.  Most times when I'm doing something for myself I have a hard time making a decision on what I want.  After I finished the tray with the teal rose that was featured in my last post I got a lot of good comments on it and since teal is an accent color in my living room I thought it would be the perfect thing to paint on the top of the table.  I liked the natural wood bottom so left it as is.

Yesterday was the day they started the installation on our new kitchen and I wanted to keep an eye on what was going on so I made a painting area in my living room and worked on the table while I watched the men working on my kitchen.  Here are photos of them working and me painting.
They put in a long day of work and so did I.  I'm happy to say I got the table finished but there is still more work to be done on the kitchen.  I'll post photos of the kitchen when it is done but that may be a few weeks away.  We still have to get the sink installed along with new light fixtures and cabinet handles.  What I can show you is the finished table.
The first photo shows a closeup of the top and the bottom photo shows it in place next to the couch holding my nice warm, cozy couch blanket.

I have no idea what I will be painting next.  I'll be spending a lot of time working on filling all my new kitchen cabinets.  I will also need a painting for a wall in the kitchen so may start work on that soon.

No comments: