Friday, November 27, 2015

Stacy's Tray

My grand-daughter Stacy asked me to paint this tray for her.  It was unfinished when she got it at a garage sale for $1.  Her home features the color teal which is her favorite color.  She asked me to paint a version of "Endless Rose".  I decided to do the teal rose on a dark brown background.  I am happy with the way it came out.  The rose has a very 3D look.

I am a day late wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.  We had a house full or family for dinner yesterday.  There were 19 family members here.  We feel blessed to all be together.  We miss the nice Arizona weather but love being close to family.

I think my next project will be a magazine rack/end table.  I stripped it down and it is ready to paint. The problem I have is that I haven't decided on colors or design yet.  I am doing this for myself so I should know what I want but I don't.  I don't know if I want to match or contrast with the other painted pieces I have in the living room. Decisions, decisions!

No comments: