Monday, February 2, 2015

Where have I been and what have I been doing?

Did you miss me?  It has been three weeks since my last post.  In that time we flew to the DC area to see our son and his wife and then we drove with our son to north GA to meet up with our other son and his wife and see a cousin who lives in that area.  After about 5 days we drove back to DC and spent a few more days before flying home.  Since I got home I had lots to do playing catch-up for the time we were gone.  I finally had time for painting and completed a painting which I am going to enter in an exhibition which features figurative paintings. The subject matter is something I never did before.  I debated on doing this and decided to give it a try.  It is a partial nude done in my whimsical style.  It reminds me of an art nouveau poster from the 1930's. The title of the painting is "Contemplation" and the size is 14X11.
I entered another painting which is quite a contrast to the one above.  This is one I did awhile back titled "Virgin of Guadalupe".  It is a larger painting size 28X22.
I had a shipment of 24 domino train stations arrive before I left for my trip.  I painted the base coat on 16 of them in the past few days.  As soon as I am done with this post I will start painting the designs on them. Here is what they look like now.  Hopefully I will have them done in a week or so.

Tomorrow I will be doing something new in my art life.  I was asked by SAACA to be a judge for an exhibition done by veterans which will be at the local VA hospital.  I was honored to be asked to do this and look forward to the new experience of being a judge. 

No comments: