Saturday, August 31, 2013

Miscellaneous Musings

Lots of stuff going on in my art world.  I hang a show at the Oro Valley Library tomorrow afternoon.  It is an all cacti show and will hang until Oct. 15.  I'll post more information and photo in a few days.  Yesterday I sold two paintings at the SAAG Gallery in Casas Adobe Plaza.  They are "Desert Dwellers" and "Images of Arizona".  I prepped two canvases yesterday to do replacement paintings.  I also have a canvas ready to do another "Cowgirl Delight" which sold not long ago.  I have 20 Mexican Train Domino Stations base coated and ready to go.  I still have to do another large "Surreal Saguaro" that is a commissioned job but he is willing to wait until I get some of this smaller stuff done.  The Sun City Art Festival is only two months away so I must get busy.  I have a number of Calls to Artists that I must send applications to for shows in 2014. This afternoon I have a couple coming to my house to see my work.  They are friends of a friend.  I am looking forward to meeting them.  Busy, Busy, Busy!  My hobby has taken over my life....I love it. 

Okay, for today's posted photos.  I went to yard sales with a friend this morning and came up with a bonanza of stuff.   Not only did I find frames and wood items to paint I found a killer pair of Cowgirl Boots!  They are a perfect fit and all leather in a color I don't have and were only $15.  Yeah!!!
The next photo is the painting I completed yesterday.  It is "Patchwork Horse" and is size 8X10.  This will probably go in the Sun City show.  I should have some more paintings to show soon if I get off of the computer and into my shop and start painting!

No comments: