Thursday, December 26, 2013

Queen of the Night In Purple Frame

I sold a larger Queen of the Night painting at Soundpoint Audiology a month or so ago so decided to do a new one in a smaller size which I plan to show at the SAAG Gallery.  I finished this one on Christmas Eve.  The size is 11X14.  I refinished the white frame by painting it a purple metallic then antiquing it with a dark wash.  It pulls out the purple shading in the flowers.  I've painted a number of versions of this painting but each one is unique because I free hand the flowers on the canvas.  I'll post photos of the two other ones I painted in the past.

As you can see they are all the same subject...the queen of the night cactus flower....but each painting is different from the others.  The two bottom paintings have sold.  Hopefully the new one will sell too!

No comments: