Monday, December 23, 2013

A small version of "I Love to Paint Roses"

This is a small version of a painting I did some time ago.  I sold the large one at the show I did at Skyline Country Club last January.  Since I really do love to paint roses I thought it was time to do another one.  I decided to do an 8X10 for two reasons.  The first is that I want to show it at the SAAG Gallery in the next session and my booth size is not that large so smaller paintings work better.  The other reason is that I had this perfect 8X10 frame.  If you look closely it has a design of tiny rosebuds.  It was a very bright gold which I toned down with a wash of dark green paint. I think it works better with the painting. I also used a more intense orange in the new version.  I free handed the pattern so it is not exactly the same.  To tell the truth I think I like the first one I did better.  It was always one of my personal favorites.  I'll post a photo of it below.  The size is 12X24 but it looks smaller in the photo. 


No comments: