Saturday, December 28, 2013

Apple cutting board and two small bowls

I decided to work on a few small projects for the first show of 2014 at the SAAG Gallery.  The first photo is of a 9" cutting board in the shape of an apple.  I did a "Pots, Plant and Apples" painting which I thought would fit the theme of the board.

Next is a very small bowl.  I have a big box full of small salad bowls which sometime come with the large serving size bowls that I like to paint.  I really didn't want to put time and effort into painting these small bowls but since I have so many of them I thought maybe it was time to paint a few and show them at the gallery.  I love the shape of this bowl and the finish was beautiful so I left it natural and painted a gecko on it because it fit the shape of the bowl and is quick to do.

While rummaging around in the box of small bowls I came across this bowl that I had painted in the past but never finished off with polycrylic.  It only took a few minutes to touch up a few scratches that happened when I threw new bowls into the box.  I think I will not sell this one but use it for my business cards.  I'll make that decision when I set up my booth. 

No comments: