Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Cowboy Santa

I got to work early this morning and prepped a number of canvases and craft items then decided to work on an idea I had when I woke up this morning.  I thought of a cutting board that I had painted black a while back and decided to paint an old fashion Santa on it.  I usually stay away from holiday themed items but years ago I used to do a number of unusual Santa paintings.  I dug though a box that I had stored old patterns in and found the Christmas folder.  It didn't take long to find the pattern I was thinking of but I continued to look through the file and stumbled on a Cowboy Santa.  I have no recollection of drawing or painting it in the past but there it was.  It is the perfect Southwest Santa.  I couldn't wait to get started and a few hours later I had him done!  Hope you enjoy seeing him.  He was fun to paint.  I may do a few more in various sizes for the up coming holiday shows.

No comments: