Friday, October 25, 2013

12" Desert Plate

I think I worked so much on Wednesday that I suffered painting burnout yesterday.  I did spend a little time in the shop late in the afternoon preparing a few things for painting but didn't have much ambition so took the evening off.  I got my nails done this morning and then went to lunch with friends and didn't get home until after 2 so no time for painting until I got home.  I was more in the mood to paint this afternoon and completed a desert scene on this plate.
On Friday one week from today, I will be setting up for the Sun City Art Festival which will be the next day, Saturday November 2 from 9 to 4.  I feel more relaxed as I see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I have a few more projects I would like to complete in the next few days.  Then I must spend my time framing a few paintings and pricing items and planning my display layout.  There is much to do to prepare for a 7 hour show.  If you have been reading my blog you know I have been working towards this for months.  The "problem" I had this year is that now that I am in the SAAG Gallery I kept depleting my inventory because of the sales I made there.  I think I finally have enough items for the art festival and also for the Gallery Holidazzle show which will start mid November.  I'll post information on both shows soon.

No comments: