Friday, September 13, 2013

Two Boxes

Below are photos of two small boxes I just completed.  I have a number of projects I am working on now simultaneously.  I have base coated a cutting board, another box and have an interesting piece that is a long trough type of tray.  I also have a duck decoy that I am doing in a patchwork design.  I am adding new colors a little at a time.  I must wait until one color drys before I add another so am working on it between my other projects. This decoy is the first I have ever done but wont be my last because I have another one waiting to be painted.  I got all of these items at yard sales except for the box.  It was built by my father many years ago before we moved to Arizona.  I removed the old painting and am doing something more Southwest.  The box in the photo below is also one  that he made.  I decided on sunflowers in a vase on a sarpe.  This will go to either the SAAG gallery or to the Sun City Art Festival.
This is an interesting box that I got at a yard sale.  It was made like a picture frame that allowing a photo to be inserted in the opening.  I used a small canvas (3"X4") instead.  I painted a pot and plant design.  It complements the wood frame and black box.

No comments: