Thursday, September 26, 2013

Duck Decoy

When I did my post yesterday morning I mentioned that I hoped to have the duck decoy done by Sunday but wasn't counting on it.  Well, I surprised myself by having it finished last night.  I didn't get home until after 2 yesterday afternoon and had to leave again at 6:30 but in that time frame I finished the project!  I applied the first coat of polycrylic this morning before I left for the bowling alley and the second coat when I got home about 1 this afternoon.  Since I had all the colors blocked in all I had to do yesterday afternoon was the decorating and that went pretty fast.  He is 11" long from tip of beak to tip of tail and is 5" high at the top of his head.  I have named him Daffy.  I have never done a duck decoy before. (I did do a rubber ducky back in July which you can find if you go back through older posts)  I have another duck decoy to do that I will show at the Sun City Art Festival on Nov. 2.  I found Daffy and his brother at a yard sale.  I will name the other one after I am through painting him and see his personality.  I am thinking of using a camouflage theme ala Duck Dynasty.  Hmmmm....Yes that is what I will do!! Enjoy these photos of Daffy.


No comments: