Monday, January 31, 2011

Something Different

Chameleon on Clay Pot
22X26
 Here is my newest painting.  It is based on the photo you see below.  This is a pot that belongs to friends who though I might want to use the idea for a painting.  It was something different so I thought it would be fun to do my own version of the chameleon and pot. I gave the chameleon a whimsical look and added the cactus to help fill the canvas.  I picked the frame first.  The one I chose is a large golden oak frame.  I decided to keep the color scheme simple using shades of brown and green.  They help to bring out the beautiful wood grain of the frame.  It doesn't have the impact of some of my more colorful paintings but I think the more subdued earth tones have their own value and will look good  in the right setting. 

I am tossing around some ideas for my next painting and also will be doing a chair that is a shared project with a neighbor.  She and her husband are quilters and they came up with a beautiful quilt pattern for the seat.  I will paint the chair frame and pick up some of the pattern and colors used in the seat. 

If you are interested in more information and prices of any of the paintings I have posted in this blog you can email me at rogpamd@msn.com

No comments: