Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Wishing you many blessings in 2011.  We spent New Years Eve picking up neighbors at the airport.  We were in a IHOP at midnight.  The new year slipped in without a notice except for "Happy New Year" shouted in the kitchen. 

I am working on some big paintings that I hope will hang in exhibitions this year.  I have applied for a number of shows and have one more that has a deadline at the end of January.  It may be a few months until I hear if I have been accepted.

I usually work on two paintings at once with ideas for others dancing around in my mind.  I look forward to the time I spend working on a painting and have a real sense of accomplishment when I complete a painting and it fulfills the vision I had.

 When I sell a painting I always wonder where it will hang in its new home.  If I friend buys it I can see it when I visit but most of the time I sell to people I haven't met so have no idea of where the painting will hang.  I was pleased to get the photo I am posting below that was emailed to me by a couple in CA showing me where they hung the painting.  It is so nice to see how well the colors in the painting complement the room.


No comments: