Monday, June 14, 2010

A New Desert Painting

Yellow Poppy Paradise
16x20
$150
Here is my latest painting. If you scroll through my blog and see some of my other desert scenes and notice a lot of them have a similar look and wonder why, I'll tell you the reason. It is because they are very popular and I sell them. Every so often I will try different colors in the sky and mountains but find that they don't sell as fast as those I do with this color scheme.
Since I have two art festivals coming up in October it is time to get ready for them. I will start working on small paintings soon. Some will be 11x14 but most will be 8x10 and smaller. I always have a special sale on small paintings when I do an art festival. Most of these paintings will be southwest paintings, desert scenes, cactus flowers and my crazy saguaros. I also will have some cross paintings. In a few days I will post paintings of crosses. They too are very popular with my clients.
After saying all of that, before I start the small paintings I plan to do another crazy saguaro. It will probably be a version of my "Surreal Saguaro". I love the fun I have doing that painting! I never know how it will turn out. Since I love to paint so much I would rather do new versions of the same painting then just doing one painting and selling prints of it. This way everyone has an original painting and they are all slightly different from each other.

No comments: