Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Art Exhibition Opening

Today is take down day for the art exhibition I had during the month of May at the National Western Parks Association. They have a lecture room that doubles as an art gallery. Here are photos taken at the opening reception. I was happy at how many people came. It was a fun time and I have had a lot of good feedback from those who attended the opening and also from people who saw the show during the month. Some people even went back a second time.
I was so pleased at the turn out. Many friends attended but there were also strangers who showed up. Hopefully they will become art friends. Over 60 people signed my art information email list and I know there were some people there that did not sign in.

It was such a nice surprise to have my Aunt Betty come.


These are my friends Roy & Sue who commissioned me to paint "Appreciation of Friendship".
If you scroll down a few posts you will see a photo of the painting.

Here I am chatting with friends. It was getting close to closing time and there was still a crowd of people. Some people arrived when it opened at 3 and were still there when it closed at 5.

I sold 5 paintings out of the 20 that I showed.
I have posted photos of them below.
Patchwork Saguaro

Red Beauty


Golden Glow



Candy Barrel in Bloom






No comments: