Thursday, June 3, 2010

Award Winning Paintings

This is the painting that changed the direction of my art career. As you can see I won third place and the People's Choice Award. I was thrilled when I won a prize in the contest but the PCA meant more to me because everyone who attend the exhibit for the three months it was open voted this their favorite painting. I sold it on opening night and was commissioned to do another version of it for a client who became a friend and one of my best customers.
Thanks Trina for your friendship and loyalty!
The theme of the first contest I entered was flowers and I was proud to have won a prize on both of my entries. I sold this one on opening night.

The theme of the contest in 2009 was Oro Valley. It was the 30th anniversary of the community and entries were to be anything that pertained to Oro Valley. This is my version of a crested saguaro that is within walking distance from my home and is located in an area called Honey Bee Canyon. It is easily seen by all who travel the main road that passes through the canyon.
I sold it on the day after the show opening.


The theme of the 2010 contest was Cultural Diversity. I did this painting to honor all of those people who celebrate the Day of the Dead. I sold it the first week of the contest.



No comments: