Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Just for Fun!

Margarita & Bougainvillea
11x14
$100
This is my latest painting. I did it just for the fun of doing it. I had this vision of hot pink and lime green dancing around in my head and the idea of a margarita for the green and bougainvillea for the pink came to me. It is someting different then my usual southwest paintings.
I think it will be a good picture for a greeting card. Did I mention I make cards? I don't do them to sell but of course if someone wants to buy one I won't say no. I make them to send for my own personal use but also a number of years ago I was asked to be the "sunshine" person for our square-dance club. That is the person who sends cards to those in the club who are sick. I decide to make the cards myself using my paintings and add a personal touch by putting the receiver's name on the front of the card. I have lost count on how many years I have been doing the job. Every time we have a new president come in to office I get a call to see if I will continue being the card person. Since everyone who gets a card seems to love it I say yes.
Time to start another painting. This one will be a desert scene. They are my best sellers and I have very few in back stock. I do not have a new exhibit scheduled but I like to have enough paintings ready in case something comes up. I can apply to the airport in October for another exhibit next year and I have a lead on a possible show in 2012 but can't apply until December. I doubt that I will do show until next year but I do have two art fairs coming up in the fall. If anyone has a lead on a possible venue for an exhibition please contact me. I would appreciate that. I am always looking for a "call for artists" but they are few and far between.

No comments: