Monday, October 7, 2019

Two Prize Winners in the Family!

Samantha and I entered art in the Burlington Artist League 2019 Regional Exhibition and both of us won an honorable mention ribbon.  How cool is that?  Grandma and grand-daughter win a prize  in the same art contest!


Sam's piece is a colored pencil drawing titled "Midnight Meeting".  This is not the first time she got a ribbon in an art contest.  She won honorable mention at the Kalamazoo Institute of Art along with a scholarship for a series of art classes.  A good start for a 20 year old.  I'm sure she will have more ribbons in her future.  Here is a photo of her art.



I entered two paintings.  The first was one that I painted for the contest called "Rainbow Ruffles"  I posted a photo in my last blog post.  I'll show it here again.


I decide to also enter a painting I did in the past and had never shown before titled "Masquerade" and it is the one that won the ribbon. It is an abstract with a hidden surprise.  If you look closely you will see silhouettes wearing masks. Here is a photo of that painting.


This prize is the 13th that I have won since I entered my first contest in 2007.  I have 5 Third Place ribbons, 5 Honorable Mention ribbons, 2 People's Choice awards and 1 Special Award from the Oro Valley Historical Society.  Eleven of these awards were in contests in Tucson, AZ,  one was in Three Rivers, MI and two are here in Burlington, NC.



No comments: