Friday, February 11, 2011

Chair with quilted seat

This project was a combined effort with my neighbors George and Gloria.  They are both accomplished, prize winning quilters.  Last year Gloria saw a painted chair with a quilted seat in a quilter's magazine and suggested we do one together.  I found the chair at our church rummage sale last March.  Gloria & George came up with the quilt design for the seat and finished it during the summer.  I finally had the time to do the painting.  I wanted to keep it simple to not detract from the beauty of the quilting.  I picked up part of the flower design for the back of the chair and did a simple border.  I think the painting compliments the quilting without overpowering it.  We will sell the chair and split any profit.  There is a quilt show here in our community next month and hopefully we will be able to show it there.

No comments: