Monday, December 31, 2012

Finished painting and sale on paint

Sepia Cactus
On my last post I showed a photo of a canvas with the pattern transferred on to it ready to paint.  Here is that painting finished and in the frame.  It is monochromatic in colors that resemble old sepia photos.  For that reason I have titled it "Sepia Cactus."  I have done versions of it before and have a smaller one that I just finished that I will post at a future time.
I went to Michaels today to take advantage of a sale on paint.  I got 35 bottles at 50% off and used my 40% off coupon for the bushes.  I love a good bargain!  Now I must go restock my paint shelves....not a job I enjoy doing.  On the other hand I won't have to do it again for awhile.  I almost have as much paint on my shelves that Michaels have.

No comments: