Friday, December 28, 2012

Paintings in Progress

I have been busy working on multiple paintings for the various shows coming up in early 2013.  Here are a bunch of small ones that I have completed painting but are waiting for the protective coat of polycrylic.  I like to do that when I have a number of paintings finished.  When they are dry I then do the framing.  As you can see by this photo the paintings are sitting in their frames.  For those of you who are new to my blog, I would like to mention that I always pick a frame first then do the painting to complement the frame.  Also, you see the same subject matter in various sizes.  The reason for that is that I do not sell prints of my paintings.  Everything I sell are original.  What I do is draw a pattern on tracing paper then make copies of it on the computer in various sizes which I can then transfer onto canvas of different size. Some of the above paintings are 8X10 and some 5X7 plus a few other sizes.  These paintings will be at the De Grazia show.The photo below is of a painting that is ready to paint showing the tracing paper pattern and the canvas with the pattern transferred on to it.  This one is larger 12X16.  It will be a version of "Sepia Cactus" which is the second one on the right in the photo above.  I will be showing this one at the Skyline Country Club exhibition.  I'll post more information on these shows later in January closer to the time of the openings.


No comments: