Friday, December 29, 2017

Contest Entries

I finished the painting and chair that I will be entering in the Carnegie Regional Show which is in January.  I am considering showing them as a set called "Lookin' & Sittin' Pretty".  That being said, maybe I should give each one it's on name.  The painting would be "Lookin' Pretty" and the chair " Sittin' Pretty".  Or another option being not using the apostrophe and use  "Looking Pretty" and "Sitting Pretty".  Decisions, decisions...sometimes coming up with titles is harder then doing the painting.  Here are photos showing painting and chair as a set.


Here is a close-up of the chair.

Here is a close-up of the painting which is a 22"X22" size.


When I do a stretch canvas I always wrap the painting around the edges.  Here are two photos showing the side edges.



I have no idea what my next project will be.  I haven't thought that far ahead.  Today is the day I have to take down my display from the holiday show.  It always takes a few days to get my shop organized when I take down a show.  Lots of things to be put away and paintings that didn't sell to be hung.  It is an opportunity to get the placed cleaned up.  Once that is done I can decide what my next project will be. 

Wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year!

No comments: