Friday, December 1, 2017

Three Rivers Artist Guild 2017 Holiday Show

It has been a busy two weeks since I set up my booth for the Three Rivers Artist Guild Holiday Show.  With Thanksgiving and the show opening on Black Friday and having to work the galley for 2 shifts I haven't had time to do a blog post.  I finally am making time to do that today. 
First is a photo of my booth.
 
Along with having a nice large space I was happy to be featured in all of the publicity that went out about the show.  I had a large picture in the article about the show in the local newspaper.  The only thing is (you will notice) is that they used a photo of my last year's booth.  I guess it really doesn't matter.  It is still a photo of my work.

One of my paintings is on the postcard that is sent out to the mailing list. It is the one in the middle.

They also had a poster made that was hung various places around town.  One of the guild artists did a painting showing the work of various artist who are in the show.  I love her rendition of my lighthouse painting.  You can't miss it as it too is in the center.

 
I have been so busy that I haven't done any painting in the past two weeks so I thought I would show you some of my greeting cards.  I sell them in sets of 4 large cards for $15.  There are 4 different paintings featured in each set.  They are blank on the inside and are suitable for framing.


I decided to try something new this year by making small cards to sell at $2.50 per card.  Here are just a few of what I made.


If you have been following my blog for awhile I am sure you recognize the paintings that I used on all of the cards.

My next project is to work on my entry for the Carnegie Regional Show which will be coming up after the first of the year.  I am going to do a chair and a companion painting.  They will be a version of my "Fun Flowers" design.  I have the chair base coated and ready for the design to be applied and have the canvas painting base coated, have drawn the design and have started the white under painting.


Photos will be posted when I complete the painting.

No comments: