Monday, December 18, 2017

Christmas 2017

Christmas is a week from today and today is Roger's birthday.  I want to  wish you a Merry Christmas  and I want to wish him a Happy Birthday!  Here is a copy of the card we sent out this year.

Along with this current card I am posting a copy of the card we sent in 1996 which was the year we moved to AZ.  Weather wise, it is quite a contrast from where we are living now.  I remember that we played golf on Christmas day that first year in AZ. 

I have been busy painting  my entry to the Carnegie Exhibition which must be ready for application early next month.  That means I don't have any thing new to show except for this commission for a domino train station that I did for some friends who will be sending it as a gift to relatives in Puerto Rico.  The subject is their two cats Lisa and Tony.

Since this is the only new painting I have to show, I thought I would post photos of a few paintings I did in the past that had a holiday vibe.   Here is what I came up with.  The first is "Queen of the Night" which sort of looks like a Christmas Cactus.

The next one is "Flamenco".  It is rows of red ruffles that gave me a Christmas feeling.

The last one is called "Profiles in Red".  It reminds me of Christmas decorations and also a New Year's Eve celebration.


I want to wish everyone Happy Holidays and many Blessings in the New Year!

No comments: