Thursday, February 4, 2016

New canvas painting and more house decorating photos

I finished my latest canvas painting.  This one I did for myself but will enter it in an exhibition before I hang it in my living room.  If, by chance, I sell it I will paint another one for me. It is similar in style to the painting I won the honorable mention on at the Carnegie Center.  I call this style my "Fantasy Flower Collection".  I enjoy doing these designs.  There is something about the symmetry that is a challenge.

 The inspiration for this painting was a piece of fabric that I used to make a round cover for a lamp table that I have in between my two new living room chairs.  It is a paisley design.

  I did some internet research on the paisley pattern and found the symbol sprang up a milennia  ago. It has an interesting history and many meanings in different cultures.  American quilters gave it the nickname "Persian Pickles"  That is why my title for this painting is "Paisley aka Persian Pickles". Size is 20X18.
I am also including a few photos of my living room and dining room. Most of the furniture are things I had in my Tucson house but we did buy a new entertainment center and two new side chairs for the living room.  I finally decided on window treatments.  For the 20 years we lived in Tucson I kept it simple with vertical blinds and no curtains.  While I liked the look it just wasn't right for this Michigan house so I went with grommet curtains.  The first photo shows the table with the fabric cover that inspired this painting. I am also posting another of the living room and one of the dining room.


The first floor of the house is pretty much done except for the floors which we plan to do later this year.  We are thinking of hardwood for the living and dining rooms and ceramic tile for the kitchen. Roger is now working in the basement building a painting studio for me and a stained glass studio for himself.  In the mean time I am doing my painting on the dining room table.

No comments: