Friday, December 12, 2014

Three weeks worth of work!

It has been three weeks since I have done a blog post.  Being in the holiday season with many activities and time spent in the shop working on commissions that needed to be done before Christmas and finishing up a big project I started before I got the commissions I didn't have time to do a post.  Finally all jobs are done.

Here is the BIG job that I started before Thanksgiving then had to put aside to do the commissions.
This is a small side table and chair that I bought at different yard sales back in April.  They were in rough shape so I had to do some repair work.  Correction, Roger did the repair work.  I decided to paint them in such a way that they could be used as a set.  I will sell them separately if needed but would prefer to see them remain a set.  I like the way I painted the serape  draping over the edge of the chair.  It gives it a 3-D effect.

When I was in the middle of doing the above project I got two commissions.  Each was for a domino train station with a desert scene. Lucky I had 2 blank ones left. I painted them together and did them pretty much the same because they were going to different people. I used my last two so I put an order in to my son to cut me a bunch more.  I have someone who is interested in getting some but is in no hurry so it may be after the first of the year before I have them to work on.
After I finished the train stations I got a commission from friends in NY to paint their daughter's new horse.  I painted her other horse last year and did this one as a companion piece.  Each horse has a signature color which is featured in the painting.  Monroe is the new painting and Grayce is the one I did last year.
Now that I am all caught up it is time to clean the shop and start some new projects that I have been thinking of doing.  The first is an idea of new subject matter and the other is something I have done many times that I want to enter in an exhibition titled "Red".  As you probably guessed red has to be the primary color in the painting.

No comments: