Thursday, December 18, 2014

Something New

Since I was all caught up with commissions I decided to work on an idea that had been tossing around in my head.  I had a cutting board base coated in black so chose that to work on.  I have done  many "Surreal Saguaro" paintings over the years and the thought came to me to try that concept using a tree instead of the saguaro.  Here is what I came up with.
I like to use alliteration in my titles so am calling this "Flamboyant Foliage".  Now that I tried the idea and like it I will do a canvas painting featuring this subject matter.  Before I do it on canvas I have to finish a painting I started yesterday.  I plan to enter an exhibition called "Red" which features paintings that are predominately red.  What else would I enter but my "Endless Rose"?  I am doing a new unframed version on a 21X24 art board.  Here is what I got done yesterday.
Don't forget to click on both photos to enlarge.

No comments: