Monday, March 25, 2013

Three critter paintings

Below are photos of my three newest paintings for the Ranch House Gallery Exhibit which opens on Thursday of this week.  For some reason the photos have a washed out look and the colors are not as vibrant as on the original paintings.  I apologize for that.  I have so much to do that I don't want to take the time to re-take the photos.  You have seen other versions of these paintings before.  That is my dilemma....I love to create new and different subject matter but also I know what sells.  Since I don't do prints I do the most popular subjects over and over.  I have painted Equine Mystic four times this year.  One sold at a show and two were commissioned so this is number four.  Once this new exhibition opens I have a to do list.  The first is to clean my studio.  It is a mess!  Along with cleaning up the mess I have to reorganize everything.  Over the past few weeks I acquired a bunch of new frames and craft items from rummage sales and also was given some fames by Earl Wettstein's family.   I was the one who told him about getting frames from yard sales so they gave what he collected to me.  I thank them for thinking of me.  After everything is clean and organized I will start to paint again.  I  have no desert scenes so will start working on them first.  Since I draw the scene on a blank canvas no two are alike.  I have some ideas for new subject matter tossing around in my head so I want to work on getting them on canvas.  I have no new shows booked until fall so I should have plenty of time to get my inventory back up.  Wait!  I forgot that the first thing I have to paint before the desert scenes is an old saw that I am doing for my daughter and her husband.  I used to do them when we lived in Ohio.  This is the first one I've done in probably 20 years.  Every so often I do a throw back to the old days.  I'm still trying to make up my mind what to paint on it but one thing I know is it won't be a desert scene.  They live in the mountains so I know for sure it will have some pine tree.  In a few days I'll post information on the up coming show.
Hummingbird
11x14
Equine Mystic
11x14
                                                            Enchanted Gecko
                                                                 11X12

No comments: