Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Getting ready for an art show

Having two overlapping art exhibitions puts the pressure on. LOTS to do. The Skyline Country Club is already hung and the opening reception happens in two days so that takes takes away some of the pressure. This is a much easier type of show. It is larger paintings and there is no need for someone to be there to work the show which lasts until April. People just tour the gallery and call if they want to buy a painting. Speaking of which,  I would like to mention I have sold two of those paintings already. The facility only had hangers for 20 paintings so as I sell them I will replace them with others. The DeGrazia show is a different type of show. It is a small gallery open from 10 until 4 each of the 13 days we will be there. The artists have to be there the length of the show. This is the show that Earl Wettstein invited me to do with him. Earl's sudden death a few weeks ago was a shock to all. His family decided to continue with the show in his memory. There is much to do for this show. It is more like an art festival where we have to bring everything to display the art. This takes a lot of organization. I am in the middle of getting everything ready and decided to post a couple of photos showing the pre-show....I guess the word is...mess. Looks like chaos but it is my type of organizing and it seems to work for me. I've done it many times before.
I got all these small paintings framed today and have them on the bed in my spare room/home art gallery. I still have to put price tags on everything before I start packing the boxes that are ready to be filled. The gridwall panels in the background have to be taken apart to be moved to the gallery.
Here are the table covers that go on the three tables I will take. It was time for an upgrade so I got some new fabric and dug out the sewing machine to hem them.
My dining room table is covered with price tags ready to be cut and sorted. I'm not showing my computer desk which is piled with flyers and lists of thing to do. Now that I think of it...why am I doing a blog post when I have so much other stuff to do? That was not on any list.  I guess I better get back to work!

No comments: