Saturday, January 12, 2013

Tribute to Earl Wettstein

Earl Wettstein
1931-2013
 
I met Earl in April of last year at the opening reception for the SAAG Sheraton art exhibition. He came up to me and introduced himself and told me he had applied for a showing at DeGrazia in 2013 and invited me to show with him. I accepted his offer and since then our friendship grew though our many conversations and meetings planning the show. I was shocked and sadden at the news of Earl's passing on January 9.   His family has decided to go on with the show in his memory. My sympathy goes out them. Earl was a wonderful man with a rich history and was a great artist. There was a very good article about him in today's Arizona Daily Star. Here is the link:
 http://azstarnet.com/search/?l=25&skin=/&sd=desc&s=start_time&f=html&q=earl wettstein  Also, to view his work go to his website at www.oiloiloil.com I will post information on the DeGrazia show in a few days.

No comments: