Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Flowers & Shells


This is my latest commissioned painting.  It is for my friend Trina who I met through my art.  She was one of the first people who bought a painting from me when I changed from craft art to fine art.  We became friends and I have lost count of how many paintings she has bought.  This is a painting that can be hung either vertically or horizontally.  I double wire it so she can choose which way she wants to hang it. This is an idea she came up with when she bought a painting I had already done and she decided she liked it better hanging the other direction.  I liked the idea of a double wire and have done other paintings that can be hung in either direction.  It is a fun challenge to design a double directional painting.  I would like some feedback on what you think of this idea.  Feel free to make a comment. 

I completed all my commissioned work except for one which I am looking forward to doing.  The daughter of a friend was visiting from NY and asked me to do a whimsical painting of their calico cat whose name is Snickerdoodle.  She emailed me photos to work from and I can't wait to start.  This is going to be a fun project!

No comments: