Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Two successful shows and a few new craft items.

It was a busy weekend.  On Friday evening I showed my art at  "Sass in the City" in downtown Three Rivers and on Sunday I took part in the Corey Lake Orchard Show.  Both events were well attended.  I made lots of contacts that may lead to more shows in the future and also sold some of my art. The local newspaper covered the show on Sunday and a photo showing my display and me interacting with a customer was on the front page along with the article.  I don't have that photo to show you but do have a photo that I took myself  at each of the shows.  The first is Sass in the City and the second is Corey Lake Orchard.


I talked to many people at both shows and I was surprised to find out some of them knew who I was because they had seen my art in places it has shown in the area and remembered my style.  Also some of them owned paintings done by me that they bought at these places.  I realized that after being in MI for less than two years my name and art is gaining recognition!

In the last week before these shows I finished a few craft items.  I did two boxes and a domino train station.  Here are photos of these items.




I will be taking a break from painting for a few weeks.  I have two trips planned.  The first to NC to visit our son Mark and wife Leslie and also see our grandson Michael who will be visiting at the same time.  I'll be home for a week then another trip to the UP.  We have never been to upper Michigan and are looking forward to seeing more of our new home state.

No comments: