Thursday, July 27, 2017

Five more slate paintings

I finished 5 more paintings on slate.  In my last post I mentioned that I might dig out some old Amish patterns that I did in the past to paint on the slate.  After thinking about it I changed my mind.  I have been in a fruit and flower painting mood.  I drew some new patterns featuring both fruit and flowers and painted them on 3 of the slates.  I did my "Peek-a-boo Kitty" on another one and butterflies on the other one.  Here are my newest slate paintings.





The two shows I am doing are on August 4 and 6.  I will be showing the slate and mostly smaller items at these shows.  I have a few more craft items that I will be working on before the shows.  Once the shows are over I am going to paint some larger canvas paintings.

The Vicksburg Cultural Arts Center is in the process of  moving to a new location.  They will be in a temporary gallery for a few months until the new gallery is renovated.  I thought I will show a few large canvas paintings that I did in the past in the temporary place and paint some new large ones for the grand opening of the new place.  Also, I am scheduled to have my own show at the COA for the months of September and October.

 I have a couple of trips that will be happening in the month of August. One is to NC and the other is to the UP of Michigan.  By the time I get back the summer will be over and it will be fall!

No comments: